3/13/2009

quarter life crisis

If you just realized that you are twenty something and you :

a. Stop going along with the crowd and start realizing that there are a lot of things about myself that I didn’t know and may or may not like.

b. Start feeling insecure and wonder where I will be in a year or two, but then get scared because I barely know where I am now.

c. Start realizing that people are selfish and that, maybe, those friends that I thought were so close to aren’t exactly the greatest people I have ever met and the people I have lost touch with are some of the most important ones.

d. Miss the comforts of college, of groups, of socializing with the same people on a constant basis. But then I realize that maybe they weren’t so great after all.

e. Am beginning to understand myself and what I want and do not want. My opinions have gotten stronger.

f. See what others are doing and find myself judging a bit more than usual because suddenly I realize that I have certain boundaries in my life and add things to my list of what is acceptable and what is not.

g. Am insecure and then secure. I laugh and cry with the greatest force of my life.I feel alone and scared and confused. Suddenly change is the enemy and I try and cling on to the past with dear life but soon realize that the past is drifting further and further away and there is nothing to do but stay where I am or move forward.

h. Go through the same emotions and questions over and over and talk with my friends about the same topics because I cannot seem to make a decision.

i. Worry about loans and money and the future and making a life for myself and while wining the race would be great, right now I’d just like to be a contender!

then according to those points,
You’re going through quarter life crisis.

(taken from tumblr)

No comments: